- Harbor Services
206.508.5829| EmailSeattle Shipyard
660 West Ewing St.
Seattle, WA 98119
206.281.3806 or 800.562.2711 | EmailEl Segundo
310.372.9776 | Email
Foss expertly creates total project management and logistics solutions for terminal services.
Offshore Terminal Services
Foss supports terminal operations at refineries in El Segundo and Richmond, California with services ranging from maintaining and delivering large fenders to providing rigging expertise. Foss shoreside and marine personnel and equipment operate launch and supply vessels, line-handling tugs, and assist tugs.
This complex support network of dedicated crews was developed in conjunction with the refinery, the offshore terminal and lightering operations teams. Together we provide an environment and culture where safety programs and partnerships are fostered and perfected.
Our terminal services include:
- Compressive shore side operations, personnel management, dispatch and tailored support
- Marine support vessel operations and ship management
- Air cargo and logistics
- Line and launch services
- Lighterage support
- Assist Services
- Foss offers safe, reliable, ship assist and tanker escort service for ships of all sizes. A leader in tanker escort and assist, Foss continues to drive industry innovation with cutting-edge engineering and tug construction. Our state of the art Azimuthing Stern Drive (ASD or Z-Drive) and Voith Schneider Propulsion (VSP) cycloidal tractor tugs can assist the world’s largest vessels in and out of the most challenging terminals and berths.
- Line Handling & Launch Services
- Puget Sound Line Services
Foss has provided safe and reliable line handling services for ships calling on the port of Tacoma since 1930. We have provided these services for the port of Seattle since 1973.Our managerial and supervisory teams that lead Foss Maritime’s professional and unionized labor personnel have won multiple safety awards from the Pacific Maritime Association, Washington State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administrations (OSHA). Foss’ Line Service Managers average over 10 years of experience and are consistently trained in safety and prevention measures.
El Segundo Line & Launch
Foss operates several line boats that secure the ships moored at the El Segundo offshore moorings. This required service works in conjunction with the crew launch vessel Ava Foss and the 4700hp Tractor Tug Brynn Foss, providing a seamless and competitive package of safe operations in this challenging environment.
Columbia River Pilot Launch
Foss has provided safe and reliable pilot launch services to the Columbia River Bar Pilots and River Pilots for over 60 years. The state-of-the-art pilot boat, Connor Foss, has served the area since 2012.
- Foss supports petroleum lighterage operations in the harbors and in the open ocean for major oil and gas customers. Our marine, petroleum, shipyard, engineering and shore side logistics groups work in conjunction with one another to meet the unique specifications of every job.
Pacific Area Lightering
Foss provides marine support services at the Pacific Area Lightering (PAL) off the coast of Southern California. This specially designated lightering area hosts the world’s largest tankers, which are too large to berth at California ports.
Our diverse fleet and team of experience marine personnel execute and support for dredging, lighterage and barging of aggregate materials in multiple locations.