The Foss Technical Engineering team is made up of seasoned professionals specializing in naval architecture, marine engineering, design and fabrication. With project management and global logistics specialists, Foss provides a broad support for analyzing challenges and finding solutions for large-scale transportation projects.
Through a combination of decades of traditional marine experience and our commitment to being on the forefront of new technology, Foss provides the highest-quality services available to meet our customer’s unique naval architecture and marine engineering needs.
- Specialized Floating Structures Design and Analysis
- Structural Calculations & Finite Element Analysis
- USCG, ABS and other Classification Society Design Review and Submittals
- Heavy Cargo Transportation Planning, Engineering and Design
- Seafastening Calculations and Detail Design
- Deck Strength Calculation
- Loadout and Offload Ballasting and Longitudinal Strength
- Mooring System Design
- High Precision 3D LiDAR and Optical Scanning
- Structure, Piping and Outfitting Arrangement Modeling
- As-Built Comparison Modeling
TYPES OF PROJECTS
- Structural and mechanical design for new construction, modification and repair.
- Vessel hull conceptual design and preliminary line models for a variety of service applications, including
- Ocean transportation of general cargo
- Ocean transportation of oil field platforms & modules
- Ship escort & assist services
- Anchor handling & rig supply
- Petroleum transportation to & from marine terminals
- Offshore moorings
- Stability analyses—damaged and intact—for a wide variety of hull forms and conditions, including
- Multi-hull vessels
- Unusual shapes & joined vessels such as docking evolutions and heavy lifts (LO/LO).
- Structural analyses of local and overall hull girder, including finite element analysis.
- Weight and moment calculations, deadweight surveys and stability tests.
- Docking calculations and providing analyses in support of dock certification and design.
- Surveys, technical specifications, time/cost estimates, trade-off and risk analyses.