- COLUMBIA/SNAKE RIVER
Captain Peter Roney
360.391.4486 | EmailFleet Monitoring Center
9030 NW St. Helens Rd.
Portland, OR 97231
503.286.0631 or 800.882.4143 | Email
DirectionsSales & Marketing /
800.562.2711 | Email
Foss Maritime offers daily operations throughout the Columbia River and Snake River systems. In addition, the state-of-the-art Foss Fleet Monitoring Center is located Portland, Oregon.
- Regional Towing Services
- The Foss fleet offers point-to-point towing worldwide with some of the most advanced and powerful tugs in the industry. The company boasts flat-deck, multi-purpose and specialized commodity barges, including a large fleet specifically for harbor and coastwise transportation. Foss routinely provides customers with a total logistics package that integrates stevedoring, heavy lift services and interposal linkages.
In 2002, Foss became the first to use the upper Columbia for commercial navigation, demonstrating its ability to operate in extreme environments by towing a 135-ton turbine from Coulee City to Trail, B.C. just north of the boarder. The historic Revelstoke trip was about 155 miles farther upriver than previously traversed.
- Columbia River Pilot Launch
- Foss has provided safe and reliable pilot launch services to the Columbia River Bar Pilots and River Pilots for over 60 years. The state-of-the-art pilot boat, Connor Foss, has served the area since 2012.
- Fleet Monitoring Center
- The Foss Fleet Monitoring Center incorporates the best available customer service technologies, including a state-of-the-art telephone system and enhanced dispatching and vessel tracking capabilities. The FMC offers real-time tracking for all Foss, sister companies & customer vessels.
- 24-Hour Emergency Response
- 24/7 Dispatch
- Heightened cyber security