Foss provides marine support for complex construction projects overseas as well as in harbors throughout North America. With a diverse and flexible fleet of tugs and barges—and exceptional project management and marine engineering—we help customers handle the complicated logistics required for major construction endeavors.
Crew & Equipment
Foss has access to the specialized equipment and experienced personnel for any project, anywhere in the world. We offer customers:
- The most experienced and highly trained crews and shore side personnel in the construction support industry.
- Safe and precise execution, in any weather or at any location.
- Unmatched expertise in marine engineering, rigging, shipbuilding and project operations.
- The ability to design, outfit and mobilize the appropriate fleet for any project.
- An extensive fleet of tractor tugs, cranes, ocean tugs, and deck barges of all sizes available for dredging, lighterage, tending, and as support vessels for major projects.
Our extensive experience includes working on major bridge construction projects throughout the United States. Our vessels and crews tow caissons and deck components, and assist with running wires and anchoring.
Foss provides ocean towing to support the mobilization of materials to remote sites around the world. Operating in the harsh Alaska environment on a recent project, Foss towed prefabricated silo components for a major contractor working on the Ground Missile Defense project without incident. Additional information, capabilities and examples can be found on International Project Cargo Transportation and on Domestic Project Cargo Transportation.